Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Integral Assessment & Universal Loving Kindness

"May all individuals gain freedom from suffering.

May all individuals find sustained health, happiness, and wholeness.

May I assist all individuals in gaining freedom from suffering.

May I assist all individuals in finding health, happiness, and wholeness."


After completing the exercise for a short while I began to feel my inner self open up, like an overall feeling of welcome was gradually filling me.  I feel like it transitioned from my mind, and then my spirit started to feel warmer and more open, and then my body felt graceful and and warm.

I really liked the integral assessment that we were told to reference.  It got me to realize that 95% of the problems I imagine myself to have are due to feeling as though I lack strong interpersonal relationships with other people, and that my worldly presence is lacking because I feel so disconnected from them.  I have chosen to focus on the interpersonal aspect of my life, and also realized that self-regulation is the line of development upon which I need to build.  This line of self-regulation affects me the most because I hide from social situations, avoid them, and don't challenge myself to them - thus my skills "worsen" because I haven't made it a point to practice them until recently once i began to realize how segregated I am from the rest of the world, aside from my boyfriend, my gram, and my boyfriend's mother.  What I have to do is practice making conversation more, starting with at work.  When it comes to making conversation, i tend to draw a blank - I don't know how to begin, and I don't know how to continue.  But with practice I will become more socially savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment